Tuesday, January 5, 2010

let it snow, let it snow



 
 
I stood at my window gazing at the winters first snow fall, sensing a delight in my heart. Floating in the air the flurries danced with the wind and I stood there watching with awe and glory, admiring the enchanting beauty.  As the wind swirled around and blew and it accumulated delicately like big piles of icing. Everything was so pure and heavenly, the snow rendered the landscape white, everything looked so totally the same but yet so different.
I don’t think there is anything more beautiful than a tree dusted in fresh snow.  I also love how things pause for a while, and we get the chance to take a break from the hectic pace of our everyday life’s. I love the stillness and peace it brings. I also love how it sparkles like diamonds in the in the sun.
I recently got a chance to study more about snowflakes and I realized these were miracles of beauty less appreciated. Each crystal is a masterpiece of design and not one is repeated. It’s amazing to see how god creates beautiful things with so much detail and precision, it’s simply breathtaking. When I think of snow it reminds me of how god created them with as much precision as we humans as no two are alike. 
The gentle touch of the snow on your skin, a whiff of breeze on your face, the hush of joy within your heart and the innocence of baby, all seem so magical to me. I fail to understand how some people can't find it in their hearts, the ability to enjoy this overwhelming making.



As it snows I put on a coat, raise my hands and feel the snow, spinning in circles to the music of chimes; rejoicing in its dance sublime.

 

1 comment: